Why Use Wood?
- Provides customer
satisfaction. Make a powerful first impression: ship your product in new
wooden crates and containers. When your customer receives your product in a
professionally built wooden container, it will convey a level of quality and
value like no other. Your customers know they are dealing with
professionals from the minute their crate arrives on location and that your
company cares about its product.
- Protects valuable and
delicate products. Properly constructed wooden containers provide far
greater protection from puncture or crushing than do fiberboard, cardboard
and most plastics.
- Cost savings. As a rigid material, wood packaging is less expensive than plastic or metal.
When the wooden container can be reused, it can pay for itself, and thus
become less expensive than disposable fiberboard.
- Withstands heavy products. Wood has the strength to support and brace extremely heavy or
large products, thereby eliminating container collapse or puncture from the
- Can be re-used. Wood packaging has far more durability than fiberboard, which allows it to
be reused many times. When a wooden container is painted, it becomes
extremely weatherproof, and its useful life will increase even further.
- Minimizes engineering time and costs. When a rigid material is required for a packaging
application, wood allows for quick and inexpensive prototype design and
production set-up. Wooden packaging can just as easily be re-designed, if
required, with modifications retrofitted to finished containers. Other
rigid materials, such as plastic and metal, are expensive to design, and may
not be modifiable.
- End-of-Life convenience. Wood is much easier to recycle than plastic or metal. With
very little additional energy, it can be salvaged as component parts for
other pallets, or turned into useful bio-degradable materials like mulch.